The Physiotherapy Manager, Diane Charnley, coordinates the Physiotherapy service at Renacres Hospital supported by a team of highly skilled and experienced Physiotherapists, who are all registered with the Health Profession Council (HPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP). They maintain a high level of Physiotherapy practice which is supported by a continuing Professional Development programme.
Physiotherapy can play a vital part in injury management and prevention for many disorders and conditions. We aim to provide an excellent service to aid recovery by using an autonomous approach to assessment and treatment and strive to prevent recurrence of injury.
A wide variety of sports and soft tissue injuries are treated by our chartered Physiotherapists that have a high level of clinical knowledge and skills. Patients have a thorough assessment and then receive the appropriate treatment to resolve the problem. Treatment is based on patient centred goals and may encompass specific ‘hands on’ mobilisation techniques, together with a comprehensive exercise programme and relevant advice on self-management and postural correction. The aim of physiotherapy is to improve their posture, balance and movement control in order to achieve their greatest level of independence and optimal quality of life.
Treatment can include any of the following;
- Joint mobilisations and manipulation
- Soft Tissue manipulation
- Exercise Programme
- Self-Management Advice
Most common conditions treated are
- Low back pain, neck/shoulder pain, poor posture
- Trapped nerve e.g. sciatica
- Prolapsed disc
- Spinal whiplash/neck pain
- Upper & lower limb Injuries
- Achilles tendonopathy
- Plantar fasciitis
- Lateral and medial epicondylitis
- Ligament and/or cartilage injury
- Frozen shoulder
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Muscle imbalance/injury
- Tennis elbow
- Post-op Rehab e.g. spinal fusion, disc replacement
- Sprained Ankle Muscle Tear e.g. hamstring, calf Chondromalacia
- Shoulder Instability
- Post-op Rehab e.g. THR, TKR. Arthroscopies, ACL Reconstruction
- Post-op Rehab e.g. Rotator cuff repair
We also offer specialised clinics including;
Acupuncture is a form of therapy in which fine needles are inserted into specific points on the body. Our acupuncturists are trained to a high standard in accordance with AACP (Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists) standards. We use the strictest hygiene techniques, always with disposable needles.
Acupuncture at Renacres Hall Hospital is used for pain relief in a variety of conditions:
- Low Back Pain
- Acute or Chronic Pain
This service is led by a Bobath trained clinical specialist with over 10 years of experience in this field. It will predominantly focus on the treatment of Neurological Conditions, Head Injuries and Cerebrovascular Accidents. It includes the assessment and rehabilitation of a wide variety of neurological conditions, including;
- Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, Balance and Coordination problems
- Vestibular Problems
- General Mobility balance problems
- Vestibular Dysfunction and BPPV causing balance and dizziness problems
The hand therapy service is provided by a therapist who specialises in the assessment and management of a variety of hand conditions. A detailed assessment is done and specific treatment goals are discussed and agreed with the patient. Splinting can be provided to suit the needs of the patient; they can be ordered from a supplier or alternatively can be made specifically for the patient.
Conditions suitable for referral:
- Pre and Post Duputryens Contracture surgery
- Hand, wrist, thumb and finger fractures
- Pre and post Carpal Tunnel surgery
- OA and RA in thumb/wrist/fingers
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Nerve Injuries
- General Hand Conditions
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Here at Renacres Hospital we have a dedicated service within the physiotherapy department provided by a physiotherapist specialising in Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. The service is available to both male and female clients.
£60: NP Assessment
£44 Follow up
£140: Assessment & 2 Treatments
£170: Assessment & 3 Treatments
£200: Assessment & 4 Treatments
£155: 4 Follow ups
£185: 5 Follow ups
£215: 6 Follow ups
In order to access the physiotherapy service at Renacres Hospital you can either
- Contact the department direct on 01704 842021 and arrange an appointment on a self pay basis.
- Alternatively you can access the service through private health insurance either direct on the 01704 842021 or via your GP.
Please note that we can not currently accept NHS referrals direct from the GP.